Parasetter® Recovery Tips
- Limb movements are optional.
- Other limb sequences can be used.
- Ten minutes of breathing is optimal.
- Rib Wrap should be snug.
- Head Support is positioned for comfort.
- Close eyes or place a cloth over them.
- Use Parasetter® on the floor or a firm mattress.
- With Parasetter® on floor, legs can rest on a chair.
While focused breathing is necessary for resetting the Parasympathetic Nervous System, it’s actually the exhalation that is key. It’s essential to exhale for a few counts longer than your inhale because the vagus nerve – which runs from the neck down through the diaphragm – sends a signal to your brain to activate the PNS and reduce the activity of the Sympathetic Nervous System. As we already know, the SNS is responsible for cortisol and the fight-or-flight response; by performing this focused breathing with a longer exhale, the body is able to return to a calmer state much more efficiently and effectively.